Monday, December 10, 2012


        

I love documentary a great deal, and I viewed this assignment not just as an assignment or something that I will get to who to students next semester, but as an opportunity to create something that I am proud of and could show to people outside of a scholastic environment. The main issue that I had with this documentary was in trying to edit together a cohesive story that accomplished the various restrictions placed upon it. These restrictions are; obviously this is for a class so there is a timely fashion which this should have been turned in (it wasn’t) but also I felt like it had to present a subject in a manner that didn’t leave the subjects too open to criticism nor myself, and I also wanted to create a project which I could show to people that aren’t at this university without having to apologize for or qualify the claims I made in the documentary.
As for tricks, I tried to keep the amount to a minimum so that students who are in the high school won’t feel technologically overwhelmed, while still having some technical flair. The most intense trick might have been rewinding and replaying but I think that is a piece of fluff that the students could pull off in either iMovie or Final CutX with a little finagling. Hopefully this has been apparent, but I also wanted to show that this documentary was created without having to go far afield, yes there is some B-roll type of footage that is from far and away but really, found footage can be very applicable and save a director/editor’s life later when piecing it all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment